WHAT IS A COOKIE?
A cookie is a tiny piece of software stored on any device used on accessing certain websites. Cookies allow to store technical information, personal preferences such as language o location or information related to user’s browsing habits. This information can then be used by websites to present their content customized to fit your needs.
Depending on the entity that manages them:
- First-party cookies: sent to the user’s device from a server or domain managed by the publisher and from which provides the service requested by the user.
- Third-party cookies: sent to the user’s device from a server or domain that is not managed by the publisher but by another entity that process the data collected by cookies.
Depending on how long the cookies remain on user’s device:
- Session cookies: these cookies collect and store data when the user accesses a website. They are usually used to store information only needed to provide the service requested by the user at one occasion (e.g. a list of products purchased).
- Persisting cookies: these cookies are stored on user’s device and can be accessed and managed over the period of time defined by the entity in charge of the cookie, which can range from a few minutes to several years.
Depending on the purpose of the information processed through the cookie:
- Technical cookies: These cookies allow the user to navigate through a website and use the existing options or services, such as control traffic and communication, session control, access to restricted areas, remember user’s choices, complete an application for registration use security components while navigating or store content to play audio or video or share content on social networks.
- Customization cookies: These cookies allow the user to access the service with some general features based on some criteria defined on user’s device, such as, language, type of browser used, regional settings, etc.
- Analytics cookies: These cookies allow the entity in charge of them to monitor and analise user’s behavior of the websites to which they are linked. The data gathered through those cookies is used to measure the activity of websites, applications or platforms and browse profiles of their users in order to make improvements based on the analysis of the information on how they use the service.
The cookies we use in our website do not store personal data such as your name or address. However, you can configure your browser to allow or block them by following the procedure for the browser of your preference:
- Mozilla Firefox
- Google Chrome
- Internet Explorer
- Internet Explorer (Windows Phone devices)
- Safari for iOS
- Chrome for Android
What kind of cookies we use?
We use both session and persistent cookies on our website.
|viewed_cookie_policy||luisguerreroguitars.com||1 year||This cookie is set when the user accepts our cookies policy when visiting our website for the first time.|
|wfvt_||luisguerreroguitars.com||2 years||This cookie is set by the WordPress security plugin “Wordfence”. It used to track a user for the duration of their visit so that the “Wordfence” can group their page views together.|
|wordfence_verifiedHuman||luisguerreroguitars.com||2 years||This cookie is set by the WordPress security plugin “Wordfence”. It is only used within our website in order to separate human visitors from bots.|
Our website uses Google plug-ins. Using them involves sending cookies.
|APISID||2 years||When creating a Google account or logging in, PREF, NID, HSID, APISID, SID, SSID and SAPISID cookies are stored on the computer in order to remain connected to your Google account when you visit its service again. While you are logged in and use plug-ins from other websites, such as ours, Google uses these cookies to improve your user experience.
Some pages of our website contain embedded YouTube videos, a Google service. Using it implies sending PREF, NID, LOGIN_INFO, VISITOR_INFO1_LIVE and YSC cookies, in addition to the cookies that Google requires if you are logged in to your account, in order to show the embedded videos, estimate the bandwidth and display how many times it has been played.
|YSC||expires with the session|